Rachel is a highly regarded training and HR professional. Her background as an HR and L&D business partner gave her broad experience of formulating, advising and supporting on HR matters across all organisational levels.
She built on this foundation to work in Kodak’s management consultancy group, designing and delivering strategic HR, management, team and personal development programmes, facilitating business and team meetings and implementing best practice initiatives across all areas of the company’s operations.
She spent ten years with Kodak before setting up her own consultancy some twenty-five years ago, working across a range of sectors including financial and professional services, sales, IT, research, manufacturing, education and government departments.
Key areas of expertise
Rachel works with professionals and senior leaders on a one-to-one basis and with groups in workshops and training sessions.
- Extensive experience of training and coaching on presentation skills, personal impact, communication, assertiveness and influencing.
- HR training including: change management, performance management and appraisals, stress management, disciplinary, leadership development, team building, recruitment and selection.
- Train the trainer
Style / approach
Rachel is passionate about empowering clients to unlock their true potential, enabling them to maximise their contribution and improve organisational outcomes. She always works to optimise self-awareness and capabilities, in turn increasing levels of confidence and self-belief.
Rachel tailors her approach to the needs of specific clients. She puts people at ease with her friendly, supportive manner and takes time to make sure that her insightful feedback, input and training style is enabling and has a demonstrably positive influence. Equipping individuals to build influence and confidently navigate core business requirements.
Rachel’s feedback often focuses on her ability to build both confidence and capability:
- I didn’t think I could do that, now I know I can.
- This programme should be mandatory, the most useful course I’ve done. 100% do it!
- Excellent course, excellent material and presented very, very well.
- Rachel showed great patience, never ducking a question. She took time to explain and made sure everyone understood.
- Rachel explained and delivered everything very well, the skills taught helped enormously.
- I would definitely recommend this programme, very beneficial.
- Excellent, given me so much more confidence to present or run a training programme.
Qualifications, training and professional memberships
- Degree in sociology with psychology
- Post-graduate Diploma from the Institute of Personnel and Development
- Chartered Member of the CIPD
- Trained assessor for occupational personality questionnaires and team dynamics
- A qualified facilitator