Rosanne is an experienced trainer, facilitator and coach with substantial experience gained in both the public and private sectors. She worked for many years as a generalist HR Business Partner and has experience working at a senior level formulating and implementing HR strategy and policies. In addition, she has extensive experience advising and supporting managers with the full range of HR responsibilities including recruitment, employee and industrial relations issues. She now runs her own consultancy practice and brings enthusiasm, pragmatism and a real understanding of the challenges facing organisations today.
Key areas of expertise
Rosanne’s work focuses on:
- Designing and delivering bespoke training courses in the areas of HR, management, team and individual development.
- Examples of training on HR topics include managing disciplinaries and grievances, workplace investigations, harassment and bullying at work, diversity and dignity at work, managing within the law, attendance management, recruitment and selection interviewing, performance management, employment law update, etc.
- Skill and behaviour based courses include handling difficult conversations, managing sensitive issues, communication skills, presentation skills, train the trainer, assertiveness and influencing skills, managing change, personal impact and self-awareness, coaching skills, customer service, mental toughness, etc.
- Facilitation of team development workshops/events including Action Learning Sets and team ‘away days’. Facilitation of client meetings.
- One-to-one Executive Coaching, to maximise individual performance and potential, and other development interventions such as 360 feedback and personality profiling.
Before starting her own consultancy practice in 2002, Rosanne had HR roles at Bedfordshire County Council, British Waterways and, for ten years, at Kodak, where she became the HR business partner within a senior management team providing a comprehensive range of generalist HR services at a strategic and operational level to a manufacturing ‘flow’ of over 700 employees. Rosanne also worked as a Training Manager for Kodak on the UK SAP implementation and as a Training Development Consultant where she provided an internal management development consultancy service on a European basis.
Affinity Water, Ascot, ATNAHS, BDA, Black Country Housing Group, Central Bedfordshire Council, Coin Street Community Builders, Control Risks, Dacorum BC, DTI Global, East Devon District Council, Eisai, Gardiner & Theobald, Heart of England NHS Trust, Hertfordshire County Council, Hill Dickinson, Ian Williams, IPCC, Johnson Matthey, Lantra, LEO, London Business School, National Autistic Society, National Housing Federation, NHS, North Staffs Mind, Royal Borough of Greenwich, Rushcliffe, Selborne Chambers, SITA, South East Coast Ambulance Service (SECAMB), Stevenage Leisure, The National Gallery, The Pensions Regulator, The Salvation Army, Toolstation, Tottenham Hotspur Football & Athletic Co Ltd, UCL, UK Payments Ltd , UK Power Network, University of Derby, University of Hertfordshire, Welwyn Borough Council, Wine Society, Wycombe District Council, Young Epilepsy, Zeiss, etc, etc, etc.
‘Again another fantastic course by Rosanne Bernard and The In-House Training Company, filled with real examples and useful strategies that will help me in my role and develop staff around me. Thank you!’
‘I learnt a lot of new tools and things to take back to try. Especially liked all the practical elements of the course. Rosanne was an excellent tutor and got it just right.
‘I thought Rosanne presented the course extremely well; she was thoroughly prepared, knew our aims and objectives and tailored the course accordingly – I was very impressed and I feel I have learnt a great deal.’
‘Clear, concise and a good pace.’
‘A lot of variation and participation activities.’
‘Interactivity was fantastic. Toys for fiddling were great (and works). Instructor was great and I want more training in other areas.’
‘Real eye-opener. Raised my awareness of the law.’
‘Simple English and not jargon or legal speak, therefore easier to relate to and understand.
‘Loved the interaction.’
‘An excellent overview of pitfalls – well presented – made interesting and relevant to all parties.’
‘Lots of good ideas for how to be creative with appraisals!’
‘Taking away lots of new ideas.’
‘A lot of information was absorbed. I’ve not had SO MUCH FUN on any previous course.’
‘Excellent facilitator. Can draw the audience and get the best out of them.’
‘I think that this is the most useful and enjoyable course I have attended so far, not only in content but also in presentation.’
‘Thoroughly enjoyable and highly relevant throughout. Very professionally prepared and presented. Thank you.’
‘Really fun, very informative, lots of great ideas.’
‘Excellent course in terms of content, right balance of theory and practical sessions. Rosanne made us feel extremely relaxed and gave feedback to help us learn from the practical sessions.’
Qualifications, training and professional memberships
- Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Accredited Executive Coach with Association for Coaching
- Solutions Focus Practitioner
- Business Practitioner in NLP
- Qualified to use a number of psychometric instruments such as OPQ, MBTI Step 1 and 2, TMSDI, Facet 5, MTQ48 (Mental Toughness)