SMEs run by owner / managers and entrepreneurs are focused on growing their business, delivering great customer service and innovating. And because you have your hands full, effectively managing the people and people issues within a business can sometimes be forgotten about, even though you know it is essential to supporting your business goals.
To begin with, the owner / manager has the time to look after HR but as small businesses evolve the person responsible for people matters may change and approaches may differ. Over time specialist HR help may be needed, either to deal with a specific issue or to introduce a professional HR approach to people practices that support the organisation’s growth.
Drafting in expert HR support can help in a number of ways:
- Identifying key strengths and weaknesses in the HR aspects of the management of the business
- Identifying the right HR activities to focus on for maximum effect
- Introducing new practices that enhance performance and support growth
- Identifying the people and performance management practices you need and developing and implementing them with you
- Working out the behaviours needed for business success and identifying ways of fostering them through better performance management, talent management and recruitment and selection
- Focusing on development areas for the organisation
- Developing and implementing effective people management activities
How can we help you?
We provide a wide range of bespoke HR services aimed at the SME market. Our approach is commercial and pragmatic and we tailor our support to your requirements, taking into account your company culture and values.
From drafting and introducing contracts of employment to employee communication strategies and designing policies and procedures, we can provide you with the support you need that’s flexible, jargon-free and compliant with the latest employment legislation.
Best of all, you can choose the services you need, whether it’s a contract of employment or a fully outsourced HR service. We shape our support to suit you and you only pay for what you need.
Our thanks to Ruth for writing this page.
For a no-obligation discussion about how our employee relations support services could help your organisation, please just give us a call on 01582 463462 and we’ll happily put you in touch with a consultant, so that you can discuss it directly with them.