Employment legislation is constantly changing and trying to keep abreast of the changes and what they mean for your organisation can be time-consuming and complex. However, ensuring you have up-to-date policies and procedures that are fit for purpose whilst taking into account the specific structure and culture of your organisation will help ensure you are compliant when it comes to employment matters.
Another reason for introducing consistent policies and procedures is that as your organisation changes and grows there is a need for greater structure and clarity around your procedures since they have to adapt to any changes that have occurred within the organisation.
If you’re a business owner or if you’re running a lean HR team you may not have the capacity to carry out the necessary reviews or implementation and communication programmes yourself, so whether it’s updating your existing employee handbook or introducing standard forms and procedures for the first time, we can help.
How can we help you?
Here are just a few examples of what one of our expert consultants could do for you:
- Undertake an assessment of your current policies and procedures
- Carry out reviews and updates in line with the latest legislation
- Assess whether existing staff handbooks are fit-for-purpose taking into account the shape and structure of your organisation
- Ensure owners / directors / managers have a sound understanding of the content and how to interpret and implement policies
- Provide coaching and training for specific policies, eg, grievance and disciplinary, equipping your managers to deal fairly and consistently with sometimes challenging situations
Ultimately, a set of policies and procedures should be accessible, clear to understand and laid out in plain English, free from confusing jargon. If you don’t think yours pass that test, please just give us a call.
Our thanks to Ruth for writing this page.
For a no-obligation discussion about how our employee relations support services could help your organisation, please just give us a call on 01582 463462 and we’ll happily put you in touch with a consultant, so that you can discuss it directly with them.