Rachel is a highly experienced trainer, facilitator and coach who has gained a wealth of experience in working with multi-cultural teams, liaising with Managers at all levels within the private, public and voluntary sectors both in the UK and overseas.
She worked, for many years, for British Airways within a variety of operational and training departments and was instrumental in achieving staff and process changes to enhance services and save costs.
Whilst working for a national law firm as a business consultant she was responsible for the implementation of improved working practices within the support services.
Her passion is to design highly interactive training in the many aspects of HR, leadership & management development and soft skills. The delivery is carried out in a relaxed style to create a comfortable environment aimed to engage and bring out the best in delegates, maximise their learning and to enhance an individual’s potential which in turn brings positive results to an organisation.
Key areas of expertise
Rachel’s work focuses on:
- Project management: examples include the programme design, delivery and implementation of leadership and management and team development, organisational on-boarding, outplacement coaching and skills, etc.
- The design and delivering bespoke training courses in the areas of HR, management and individual development, within UK and overseas;
- HR topics include: performance management, recruitment and selection (interviewing skills, interviewee skills), appraisal skills, performance coaching and mentoring, workplace investigations, discipline and grievance
- Management training; management development, HR for non HR Managers, making meetings work, delegation skills, problem solving and decision making, negotiation and influencing skills, time / task management, facilitation skills, managing change, team building, performance coaching and mentoring
- Individual development: presentation skills, report writing, managing difficult customers, communication skills, conflict management, lone working, assertiveness skills, dealing with change
- Providing ongoing HR support to small business
- Facilitation of team development workshops / events and meetings at Board level
- Provide outplacement services including how to write CV’s, preparing for job interviews and coaching
- Design and delivery of a mentoring training programme
- Instrumental in supporting 74 field engineers across Europe through an intensive nine month digital talent programme (during Covid), designed to upskill them in today’s technological world and secure future employment
- Project managed a European-wide evaluation on the onboarding and induction programmes
- Delivered a bespoke Management Development Programme to over 300 managers within a well recognised and respected national construction company
- Trained and coached over 900 new trainers within UK, Egypt and Oslo
- The design and delivery of HR Advance programmes for organisations in Abu Dhabi & Dubai
- Facilitation of the CIH London Board annual planning events, spanning over 14 years
- Providing an ongoing successful HR advisory, consultancy and coaching service supporting senior managers across many disciplines designed to help them save money when recruiting new staff, avoid litigation, improve both services and staff retention
- Designed and implemented a company-wide performance management programme for over 250 staff within a National Law Firm Restructured and managed several key operational departments within British Airways bringing savings in excess of £1 million
- Has trained over 4000 staff in personal safety and providing successful conflict resolutions
RTS Waste Management, Royal Borough of Greenwich, Ricoh, Pathways Housing Association, Heathrow Hydrant Operating Company Ltd, Vygon, Forza, Hilton Foods, Exxon Mobil (UK, Egypt & Norway), University of Surrey, Go Ahead, RCI (UK, Dubai & USA), ADNOC (Abu Dhabi), Watson Martin Partnership, Reed Global; BNP Paribas, Lewisham Council, Serco, Lidl, Reed Learning, Laing O’Rourke, Thames Water, Adelphi Associates; Sun Branding, NICE, ICAP Financial Services, Princess Alice Hospice, Maybo Conflict Management Specialists; McDonalds, UK Local Councils, Avios
- Post Graduate Advanced Diploma in Training & Development (Cambridge University)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education (Awarded by Greenwich University)
- City & Guilds 1886 Level 3 Certificate for Deliverance of Conflict Management Training
- Certificate in Coaching
- A1 Assessor & Trainer
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- City & Guilds 730-7 Further & Adult Education Teachers Certificate, Stage II
- CIPD Training & Development Certificate
- CIPD Certificate of Personnel Practice
Rachel is based in Kingston upon Thames.